Having an accident while riding a motorcycle is one of the scariest experiences a person can have. Motorcyclists—like cyclists—are some of the most vulnerable drivers we can encounter on the road. Since they don’t have a protective booth—like a car—the injuries they may sustain in a collision can be much more severe. Of course, like any other driver involved in a personal injury accident, motorcyclists are also entitled to compensation for damages. This compensation can help them cover their expenses so that they can recover without having to worry about the bills that start piling up.


Filing a personal injury lawsuit can help you obtain justice, and having an experienced attorney on your side can ensure that the process is smooth and successfully resolved.


Many personal injury accident claims do not go to court, given that the parties involved tend to settle out of it. However, if this is not possible, how long does a claim process take in these cases? This is a very common question clients have, and as in many other legal situations, the time will depend on each case and its particular circumstances.


It is important to note that contacting an attorney immediately after your accident is crucial. Collecting evidence is one of the essential parts of the process, and the longer you take to hire someone to help you, the more difficult it will be to obtain. In addition, witnesses can be difficult to contact, and memories tend to fade for them and you.


Another point to consider is the insurance companies. The more severe your injuries are, the more they will have to lose and the more they will want to evade responsibility on behalf of the defendant. Some injuries can also delay the process further, depending on the severity and what is needed for your recovery. This is one of the reasons why insurers often try to settle out of court. If the settlement is favorable for you and your lawyer recommends it, the situation can be resolved faster. Otherwise, taking your case to trial could take several months or even years to resolve. If you need a free consultation, contact SM Law and speak with an experienced and zealous attorney about your case.